Friday, August 3, 2012

Statistics: Happiness specific to my work at this time is relative to knowing that my peers at The Arizona State Hospital are out of harm's way, a matter that will take continued time and diligent effort; while readership is encouraging, and patience, honesty, and sincere care for others are virtues. Bottom line.
      
Just an update about the blog: 


      THE ARIZONA STATE HOSPITAL 
      AND PATIENT ABUSE, by PJ Reed


     As of close of business yesterday (Aug. 02, 2012), this blog has had 5600+ visits in its 4 months of life (and no, this does not include my own visits to it),  including of late, upwards of 75-150 hits per day; I have accrued 126 posts (articles) compounded on over 400k words; and regular traffic sources include, as always, site bases from within the Arizona Department of Health Services and other like nefariously present rat holes, as well as several federal watchdog agencies, ASH employees, South Dakota based former employees of Cory "crazycorycorner.weebly.com" Nelson, non-profit patient advocacy organizations, legal patient rights foundations, news agencies in Arizona and beyond (including the UK), and miscellaneously unidentifiable sources. Of note is the fact that new viewers keep appearing despite my having opted- for the time being- to hold back on releasing any more incriminating data in relation to the substandard and unlawful conditions and practices at The Arizona State Hospital; such data being the meat of this blog to date, it is very encouraging to know that a snowball is rolling and still gaining strength. 
     There is still much to do, however, and one quick update about what's going on behind the scenes right now relates to this last July 16, 2012, hearing (OAH case #2012c-BHS-0338-DHS) and a very recent 08/02/12 directive from Judge Kay Abramsohn ordering the Hospital to disclose several very critical documents, material which I know for a fact contains very firm evidence in support of my central allegations in the case; I have described in past articles specific to these sorts of legal proceedings that Joel "the mortician" Rudd of the Arizona Attorney Generals' office failed to provide the court with such data in at least one previous hearing, and to learn as I did Friday that Judge Abramsohn is determined to take a closer look at such materials is a good sign, indeed. More later. 
  

        "That's right, Wonderdog! We seem to have unearthed a bit of a monster in the minds and awarenesses of the public, indeed!" 


Patience, honesty, and my heartfelt care for my peers at The Arizona State Hospital are the three primary driving forces of this blog, and have been the basis of my efforts in this context from the get go, including well back into the early days of my long hospitalization at ASH. Never has it been so clear to me that all one really needs to be reasonably virtuous is an understanding of what true evil looks like and a patent unwillingness to accept the presence of evil in relation to human interactions with one another.  The rat bastards at The Arizona State Hospital have somewhat paved a pathway of sorts wherein I am reminded day in and day out of what the next right thing to do is. Ironic, painful and traumatic at times, but just and true in form.  


IN CLOSING: I need to express my deep appreciation for the support of my best old friends at this time, as I continue my travels along this very troubling pathway to resolution, and I apologize for not having "come out" of the proverbial closet much sooner than I did in terms of keeping you all apprised of my personal travails in recent years. I have never been so solitary an individual as when I spiraled down into and through the most marked elements of my struggles with depression and suicidal ideation; it was without doubt one of the most starkly lonesome places I have ever been in my life, and it is profoundly satisfying to encounter the affirmation of life itself that comes through the presence of true friendship. Given the fact that I no longer have any immediate living relatives, you- my dearest, oldest friends- are the bread of my given life as it stands today. Thank you for being who you are. 


       There is still much of be done, and I encourage anybody of like mind who understands the bare fact that seriously mentally ill human beings still represent the most graphically marginalized population in contemporary American society to get involved with this cause today. Patient abuse at The Arizona State Hospital is hardly an unheard of thing when it comes to such facilities, arguably accursed state mental hospitals known more than anything as being "snake pits for abuse and violations of fundamental human rights." At ASH, the patient abuse is ongoing and highly inhumane, while the substandard conditions and care practices at ASH are 100% criminal in nature- and they are still getting away with it lock-stock-and barrel. It has to stop. Now. Please visit my April 30, 2012, "Resource Ideas" article and determine in your own right how you can defend the rights of mentally ill patients at ASH and beyond, and feel free to contact me via e-mail, anonymously or not, if there is anything I can do to assist you in supporting this cause. 
      
paoloreed@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.