Sunday, August 5, 2012

Prose

am i pained

by writing poems 
in a shabby louisiana bar
a bistro of sorts, at 1 a.m.
on any given morning
i ask myself
   "where, then, does the       
    atchafalaya lie,
    and bayou pierre end,
    with the rio grande river
    in mind?"

how far, then
did sartre peer
into the swampy distance;
and do child like children 
ever fall away?


given the absence of a canoe,
barge, house or john boat,
with a good dog, insect repellent,
a small caliber weapon 
a low powered outboard
    (in order to fight the not too often
     strong currents) 
pencils paper 
and a pocket sized spotting device

i am still drawn to the notion
of returning to new mexico 
by boat.....   
                   (c) pjreed 2012




notes:
   -photo d. nelson 
        (self/dave's canoe/wallace lake may 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.