Friday, August 10, 2012

Food For Thought Wherein, reasonably good news on the home front compels me to freely ponder the immediate future. 

(EXCERPT)
   "How does one get out of the finite dimensions?", he asked, and gave short laugh. "I mean, to begin very basically, a block of wood is a block of wood, for example. It has length, width---"
  "It hasn't. That's where you're wrong," Teddy said. "Everybody thinks things just keep stopping off somewhere. They don't. That's what I was trying to tell Professor Peet." He shifted in his seat and took out an eyesore of a handkerchief- a grey, wadded entity- and blew his nose. "The reason things seem to stop off somewhere is because that's the only way most people know how to look at things,"" he said. "But that doesn't mean they do." He put away his handkerchief and looked at Nicholson. "Would you hold up your arm, please....?" 
                 (from "Teddy", JD Salinger 1948)
   
     It is strange, I know, but this passage somewhat reminds me of what the line of questioning will possibly sound like when the Rat Bastards directly responsible for my central allegations about patient abuse at The Arizona State Hospital are brought to face a federal inquiry, be it a summarily assembled grand jury, a Department of Justice panel of attorneys, or an applicably appointed representative of the United States Attorney General. For in my experience, the reality of contemporary medical standards essentially terminated at the walls and fence lines of ASH, all at the discretion of the senior medical clinicians and executive administrators there, creating a virtual suspension of the world as I know it to be, as per my legal education and reasonably extensive personal life history. This imagined line of questioning, a sort of "What the hell are you people thinking?" form of inquisitive discourse, when the bright line laws and policies that apply to the justification of someone like me doing all I can to defend the rights and dignity of the seriously mentally disabled patients at ASH are laid out not the table, and folks like Donna "you're so busted!" Noriega, Joel "the mortician" Rudd, and Pervaiz Akhter (this last "man" doesn't even rate a nickname, as yet, the sliver eyed son of a bitch that he is), are asked to explain the patterns of obviously criminal misconduct exhibited by evidence in the form of federally required records, available for oversight via the Freedom of Information Act and other like provisions of law, of day to day administrative and senior clinical actions that were imparted on patients at ASH between the dates of Jan. 2011 and Feb. 2012.  

IN CLOSING: Let's get it on. 

     Please do all you can to get involved with defending the fundamental rights of the patients at The Arizona State Hospital, 2500 East Van Buren St., Phoenix, AZ 85007, where patient abuse at every level of staff employ is, for the most part, a matter of standard practice. See my April 30, 2012, "Resource Ideas" article and decide upon the strongest way for you to to take part in this rather fundamental fight to hold up the human rights of Arizona's most vulnerable adults-patients, who even as I write, are continuously subjected to gross violations of their most basic 
rights. 


paoloreed@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.