Friday, August 31, 2012


RE: OAH Case #2012c-BHS-0338-DHS The Evolution Of A Grievance: Wherein, following over one full year of systematic suppression of my right to due process in relation to a criminally imposed sequence of administrative abuse of authority at The Arizona State Hospital, I prepare to go to hearing.

THIS ARTICLE DIRECTLY RELATES TO SEVERAL PRIOR ARTICLES CONCERNING THE EVER EVOLVING DISPOSITION OF THE ABOVE REFERENCED CASE. 

     Yesterday, August 30, 2012, was the deadline for any further submissions of supplemental disclosures or motions (challenge) relating to the thus far submitted evidence and testimony in this case. The presiding administrative law judge in the case, Kay Abramsohn, is due to present her findings in the matter by close of business today. At that point in the process, her findings will be submitted to the office of Arizona Department of Health Director Will Humble, who has the authority and directly related obligation to determine- within a period of no more than 90 days- the final ruling as the case stands at that time.
     In other words, Will Humble has the final word, and the role of the administrative court is to issue findings by which he is obligated- as per his title as the head of the state heath care system- to render a fair and unbiased ruling on the matter deriving of established law and policy. 
     What are the chances of this occurring? Scarce to nil, in my opinion. For, as the appellant in this case and client-consumer of the state of Arizona's public health care system, I no longer have a positive relationship with Will Humble. This has become clear via his patent unwillingness to grant me open expression of my concerns about statements and data that he has presented in no less than three articles presented by him on ADHS blog site, an issue that I have written about in several of my own recent articles here in this blog. It is a sad state of affairs when the man entrusted with the responsibility of overseeing the state's entire public health care system won't open his door to civilly submitted expressions of concern that I have about the state's only long term public mental health care facility, The Arizona State Hospital (ASH), where I spent 13 long months of counter-therapeutic time being "treated" for major depressive disorder and associated traits. And it is equally disturbing to me as a person/citizen, client-consumer, and former patient of ASH, to have to rely on this man in terms of meaningfully addressing my very well documented allegations specific to legal proceedings as critically important as I feel this case represents. Classic "fox watching the hen house" type stuff, and every bit as substandard in terms of legal procedure as the conditions at ASH are in terms of patient care and practice. 
     That said, and this being the only non-litigated manner for someone such as I to seek basic relief and redress, case #2012c-BHS-0338-DHS stands as nothing more than one more small step for the patients at ASH, for it will, as such, become part of the larger picture, yet to be displayed, as I continue to fully document my experiences as a mentally disabled human being who had the drastic misfortune of seeing medical care in the state of Arizona.  
     Therein and herein, I will now await the final ruling on this case, and I have already come to a decision about whether or not I will appeal that matter should that ruling fall short of my very reasonable expectations and hopes. I will not share my decision at this time as a matter of preserving the integrity of my status as the appellant in the case, but I will update my blog about any other developments that come up, as they appear. 

     On a related note, I am disappointed that the staff at The Arizona State Hospital have, to my knowledge, taken no further action in the context of their own concerns at ASH outside of the recent postings of staff discontent on the personal website of "Cory "crazycorycorner" Nelson (aka "meathead"), who is, of course, the high (tax payer) paid supervisor at ASH. There is always the possibility that these staff persons have taken further action, and I simply am unaware of it; in fact, I know that a marked degree of activity does occur in direct relation to my efforts as an advocate for the rights and well begin at ASH' patients, events and developments that I am simply not party to. This is fine. I am not in this for reward in any capacity; and I will, in time, be more apprised about such things once we begin seeking full disclosure about such matters through the federally system. In any case, I have made clear to ASH' staff that if they want to bring the change needed to improve their own experiences at ASH, than they need to be proactive about it.  

IN CL0SING: Ooop, I may said too much! But no, the idea of pending federal action is not a secret; not to you, oh readers (for I have made clear the fact that much of the evidential material I am establishing via my work as it has stood to date will quite surely need to be revisited in a federal forum if we stand any true chance of bringing about the degree of reform that I know needs to come about at ASH and the throughout the state behavioral health care system), or to the rat bastards at ASH and the affialiated administrative offices of the department of behavioral health services, nor behind the closed doors of the Arizona Attorney Generals' office. 

     Please do your part today in supporting the rights and needs of Arizona's most vulnerable citizens. The conditions and practices at The Arizona State Hospital are graphically substandard, and they are getting with it. Patient abuse is inhumane, cruel and unusual, and patently criminal, and yet at ASH, it is ongoing, and needs to stop. Today. Please see my April 30, 2012, "Resource Ideas", article (which I will update soon), or take it upon yourself to contact your elected representatives, or whatever else you may deem appropriate given the situation as it stands today.  

paoloreed@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.