Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Prose For the brother Cal...



we all drift
drifted, in fact
this place is nothing, in fact
other than a house full 
of drifters.


the mind is an enormous thing
Fredrick Calhoun Pickensand the maker of the watch
is a man. 


no thing is a god
and no man is a god
and no man is allowed
by the basic rules of the house
to steal the life of another.


in any way
in any fashion
these are the rules of the house- man!
and in the end, at the end
of every given day
it remains the same.


we were older than stars
when we got here
but only some of us
know this today.


the mind is a wee thing
and I am the bystander
by which some dogs are fed
by which some beds are turned
by which the clocks are rewound.


stars, minds, houses full of rules:
time to wake up and smell some coffee
      rudd, humble, nelson, akhter... 
                                                      dingle!
      
                                                           (self pjreed 2011)


                  SIDE NOTES (A & B);
     A) this is first time I have seen my brother cal's face since 1982
          and it is in a mugshot from ada county, idaho (2002)
          harvard grad, pro soccer stud- go figure
          poor poor boy, but still, a brother....

     B) it is always hard not to giggle at the name: dingle!
          imagine the ribbing he took,
          dingling as he must have- ha, ha!
          at the tail end of his own tolerances
          poor poor boy....




paoloreed@gmail.com











No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.