Wednesday, June 27, 2012

 Join The Party Wherein, an update on the stats reveal that PJ Reed "The Arizona State Hospital and Patient Abuse" site has been visited approximately 230% the average in the last 48 hours. 


       It is now day two of this spike in visits to PJ Reed "The Arizona State Hospital and Patient Abuse", and the numbers are still up. For some reason, I suspect horseplay for the other end of the conduit. Paranoid?  Possibly, or to an extent. But I have for some time expected and still expect backlash from the people in power in Arizona (not necessarily the highest powers there, though I am in a process of confronting the state attorney general's office, and they rank pretty high up there), because my well intentioned dedication to trying and preserve the rights of ASH seriously mentally ill patients is increasingly cutting cutting right to the core of some of Arizona's uppermost agency officials, or at least close enough to that realm to be spooking them somewhat. And in Arizona, that can be sketchy business, to say the least.


       From what I can decipher via my own data bank, the supervisor at The Arizona State Hospital, Cory "crazycorycorner.weebly.com" Nelson, is the most common visitor to my site, at least to the extent that it is either him, or it's other users coming in (linking) through his personal online "crazycorycorner.weebly.com" web site, have been actively dropping in on my blog at about four times the rate of any other referred url sites. I am curious, to say the least, as to what the hell is going on, for as much as I appreciate the willingness of ASH'  in-house big-wig to follow me around even today, over 4 full months since I left his business (as it were), I highly doubt that he (or his kind) is dropping in as matter of courtesy. On the other hand, I am willing to suppose that the traffic being routed to my site through the "crazycorycorner.weebly.com" website actually represents ASH staff who are checking this project out. People who are, for whatever reason (!), uncomfortable with exposing themselves and their related interest in these matters, and are thus unwilling got log directly in to the site from their own personal internet platforms. In any case, I am definitely in the company of more and more visitors everyday, and I basically cannot put anything past the potentially brutal character of ASH administrative staff and their cohorts in affiliated state agencies such as the Attorney General's Office. I dearly wish I could, but I can't.   »


       In 1976, a Phoenix-Tucson based investigative newspaper reporter named Don Bolles was assassinated in relation to his concerted efforts to report influence peddling, bribery, and land swindles in the local (Arizona) political and business community. Bolles worked at the time for Arizona Republic
don bolles.jpgnewspaper (the same paper that JJ Hensely writes for, the reporter who I conspired with in exposing the cover up of Jesus Murietta's escape from ASH, and the directly related brutal murder of April Mott    (see my article, 4/5/12 "A Modern Day Horror Story"), and as such, was conducting good faith investigations into fundamental corruption that related to the same administrative construct that I am mired in looking at today. Specifically (at the time of his death), Bolles was interested in issues relating to the Arizona Racing Commission,  which is today known as the the AZ Department of Racing, and is -as such- a  departmental agency of the state that's little if at all different from the Arizona Department of Health Services, at least not in terms of position on the food chain of power.
       And as usual, the fiscal elements of this situation are also directly relevant to the problems of corruption that I am looking at.  Even the goddamned illegal trafficking in tobacco and other illicit substances at ASH carries the same insidiously decrepit character that the issues Mr. Bolles was investigating, in the sense that drugs and alcohol  corruption is typically associated with organized crime and other like threats to the structure of out nations' most fundamental identity. It is my contention  that the administrative abuses of authority that I experienced during my thirteen months of hospitalization at ASH bears every possible resemblance to these other well displayed exhibitions of criminal misconduct in Arizona's sordid past. It is unacceptable today, as it has always been.
        The Arizona State Hospital is a HOSPITAL, and as such (bearing, as it does, the status included in congressionally enacted standards flowing from entities like the American Hospital Association or mandates such as the Americans with Disabilities Act) serves to function in a manner that supersedes the basal egotistical power of any state agency, from the Arizona Attorney General to the governor's office. This is only just, given that any facility licensed to care for our nations medically needful citizens is only granted that role via our public community's deepest trust and moral character as a society. This is particularly true for public hospitals such as ASH, wherein this profoundly granted trust extends to our nations' least privileged peers. And yet at ASH, I witnessed highly accredited medical professionals express nothing short of blatant disregard for the simplest, most easily recognized concepts in terms of patient respect and treatment. It was, at times, like a third world country in that damn place (and I have spent time is such countries). It is  really like that at ASH. I attest to it, and I can prove it.  


       As I have already noted, there are any number of good people working at ASH and throughout the network of ADHS agencies, but due to:

     A) the ineptitude of administrators such as ASH Chief Operating Officer Donna "You are so
          busted" Noreiga, Chief Medical Officer Dr. Steven "tee-hee" Dingle, and ASH patient
          advocate Sonya Serda, in combination with;

     B) the medically unethical practices of ASH physicians such as Dr. Pervaiz Akhter, Dr. Ramos-
          Roxas, and Dr. Morris (to name but a few), as well as:

     C) the power driven and undereducated lower ranking staff, including nurses and technicians, who  
          effectively rule the wards where the patients at ASH spend 70% of their time;

                    .....The good hearted staff members at ASH, who even I, in my non Judaic-Christian belief declare to be nothing short of angels is conflict, cannot safely report misconduct without risking- at a minimum- gross ostracization and covertly applied distrust in terms of their day to day experiences there on the job; or the more disturbing cost of losing their job, in fact, should they express clear defiance of issues such as patient abuse exhibited by senior staff, or drug smuggling by security staff, and so on. I witnessed the fundamental distractions caused by ASH' most abusive staff absolutely bewilder their peers on the job on a nearly daily basis, in such a way that the stress caused by such situations basically suppressed the more decent staff members' ability to do their jobs. This sort of thing is not unusual in terms of conditions that many of us we see everyday in the work place; but at ASH, it took on a critically dangerous character, and one that I attest to being something only someone such as I (or any other long term member of the patient community at ASH) can meaningfully relate. But staff, too, know these things, and I firmly believe that their time is coming. Whether good, or bad, their time is soon to come.
       This is possibly where my work is at today. This, and the presence today of the federal court system. As noted, I initiated contact and relations in regard to my concerns about ASH with at least one federal agency many months ago (The Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights), and three days ago,  I submitted my first formal complaint document to the district office (for the state of Arizona, etc.) of the United States Attorney General. I do not anticipate much in the way of response from the US AG anytime soon; they are as busy as any of us, and I am only one voice in the multitude. But I have anticipated this for some time now, because quite frankly, one does not need to be an attorney to recognize the implications of these issues. My formal training in law is slowly resurrecting itself in my standard approaches to these matters as they evolve, and while I know much of this seems complicated via my limited presentations in this blog, I also see the fit to most of it (the chaos) in the landscape of my work to date. As I noted long ago in my articles, ASH is a public entity under federal law, and as such, is subject to the authority and rule of federal doctrine, including documents such as The Americans With Disabilities Act. The role of people like Arizona Assistant Attorney General Joel "the mortician" Rudd, and agencies such as the Arizona Office of Administrative Hearings, is not to serve the fundamental interests of Arizona's individual citizens, but rather the interests of the government for whom they work. It is time now to take the discussion into the proper setting. Bottom line.


      IN CLOSING: I want to thank everyone who has thus far played a role in helping me bring these matters to the point in the landscape that we're at today. I am tired, but there is plenty of work yet to do; and I am not easily able to even surmise where we will be with this work by early next week. There are several serious pending matters for me to look at once they are established, and I have at least one person waiting to hear from me, who will provide me with counsel that should immediately play into my next phase of activity. We are, slowly but surely (I think), chipping away at something, and we are doing it as a team, and this is the only way that it is going to succeed. Carry on, then.



Fred Hampton said it well: "I am, I am... A revolutionary!" It is never too late to be part of something so critically important that the significance of your respective participation does not even become apparent until well after you did your thing.  Please get involved today with addressing the ongoing patent abuse at The Arizona State Hospital. The substandard medical and mental health care practices at ASH are criminal and inhumane, and the ones in charge are getting away with it day after day. Cry "Foul!" with me, as one, and we will watch this matter come to resolution.  

paoloreed@gmail.com

1 comment:

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.