Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Prose The early stuff (ASH)

Welcome Mat

New girl on the unit, Jasmine
Big as a house, 22 years old
Former patient like way back
All the way to the youth units
Here at ASH
Has for several nights now
Required
Security responses.

She is big,
She could throw me through a wall.


Technician

senses peril when what he is really afraid of his own vulnerability; his weakness in terms of being trusted and all that is implied, he coats most everything in sugary melted nods of his head when what he is really doing is parlaying with his inablility to say no without fearing he would be incorrect. why did he warn us of things not real? why did he need to us fear the other patients? why not let us learn to trust who we can and leave the rest to gravity? he clearly did not need, in fact, to protect us in that way, we've never heard of a single patient running behind a staff member and smashing in their head with rocks, he knew all along it was him and his kind, the coward. 

paoloreed@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.