Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Feeding Frenzy? Wherein, approximately 100 more visitors drop by to this site in the last sixteen hours than ever before in any prior twenty four hour period of time. 

       Less than 24 hours ago, I transmitted a complaint form to the district office (Arizona) of the United State's Attorney General with regard for my concerns about the Arizona Office of Administrative Hearings and the Office of the Arizona Attorney General (specifically in regards to Joel "the mortician" Rudd). About 28 hours ago I posted my most recent article relating to (updating) my ongoing legal conflicts with The Arizona State Hospital (aka "The Arizona Center for Patient Abuse") and the Arizona Department of Health Services/Behavioral Health Services. And last night I also posted one specific poem for the first time.
       And then, today, I just noted that over 140 individuals have dropped in on this blog site since this morning. That is over one hundred more visits than I have ever recorded in any one single day. I am either doing something right, or I am about to learn something that I can fathom but not easily predict in detail. Whatever the case,  I highly doubt it is about the poem....
       So far as scary type possibiiites, I am unwilling to put anything past these rat bastards, but I am no longer afraid of them, either.
      Bring it on, in other words.
I realized at some point in my
time at ASH that no matter how
strange the situation seems to be,
in the end, I am in in no way
out of line or carrying on in an
unlawful or unethical way when
it comes to dealing with the wrongdoers
at ASH. I told one particularly devious
little doctor that one time, I believe his
name is Dr. Breslin, saying "So long 
as I stay on the right side of  basic honesty, 
I know that at the end of the day, I am doing 
the right thing. Here at ASH, it's a pretty straight forward 
approach to adhere to, the abuse and so on being so horrific."
      So perhaps this is nothing more than another day in the
life. I don't feel especially moved by the spike in visits to my
blog, I am in fact a little bored by it. I have thus far written over 280k words of text in relation to my experiences at ASH and my continuing work as an advocate for patients rights at ASH and beyond, and the whole package, as it were, is at some sort of turning point. Both in the context of my writing efforts and my intent to see that the story is not only told but also broadcast in as loud a manner as is humanly possible today (technology, technology, technology), and well as in that of the legal process as it stands today (far from over, and always evolving), I am willing to hazard a prediction of sorts:

       "It will all be okay."

       I am already enjoying the knowledge that I no longer have to look to the state of Arizona for relief. I have patronized that state's system long enough, I have allowed them to bullshit me, I have subjected myself willingly to their ineptitude and unlawfulness, and I have aged in direct proportion to it all in a less than comfortable way. No more wasting my time with them, so to speak. I can now allow them to answer to someone other than I. The powers that be have offered to take over, and I am good with that. I have faith in these sorts of things. All I need to do is keep writing about it. I can do this. I can do this until the cows come home. And I will.

      IN CLOSING:  Dr. Laxman Patel was my first primary attending psychiatrist at The Arizona State Hospital, and as such, the first senior staff person there who I ever consulted with about the atrociously egregious patient abuse that I was witnessing at ASH. Dr. LaxmoAn Patel is not an American by birth, was born and educated in India, in fact; and apparently, my expressed willingness to openly discuss the wrongness of patient abuse was something that a man like him cannot easily grasp. I don't know if it is singularly because of him being from India,  or what, but when I brought my concerns to him, he stated the following:
       "Why do you continue to bring this up? What? Do you think you can change the system?" 
       That is how a licensed physician at ASH responds to a good faith report about medical wrongdoing and patent abuse in the facility in which he works. I shit you not. This exchange took place approximately 15 months ago, at a time when I was still unable to fathom, in my own right, how it might be possible for such substandard mental-medical health practices to exist in a major health care facility such as ASH. But I am not that person anymore, and any ideals I may have entertained about having carte blanche faith in doctors such as Laxman Patel is gone today.


THIS IS THE UNITED STATES, THIS IS A DEMOCRATIC NATION, AND BY REPORTING YOU RAT BASTARDS IN THE WAY THAT I HAVE, AM, AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO, I AM WILLINGLY TAKING PART IN THE SYSTEM. IN THIS SENSE, I GUESS I AM CONTRIBUTING TO CHANGE. BUT I AM SINGULARLY CHANGING ELEMENTS OF THE SYSTEM, AT BEST, WHICH IS HOW A DEMOCRACY WORKS. SO GET READY, LAXMAN PATEL. GET READY TO BE CHANGED. 


paoloreed@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.