Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Prose Levi Gorilla Taped Zawinul To Earthen Tones 
Yellow Red Green Black and Gray


Happenstance man long limbed artificial sight.
When I sit alone, and all my choices flow into one thing                              
I am youth again and I remember
The cold wetness of early winter storms
Upper Piedra Lisa canyon 
not far from the house
I grew up there and I changed 
And how I loved to be there on the high ridges 
Looking down into the lower canyons. 
But then I would turn again
Face back towards the higher mountains
Away from all the city spread
I knew then that a time would come
A time when I would go up there 
Never come down. Knowing                                                 I would never grow old.                                                                                             
                                                                                                                                   
File:Joe zawinul 2007-03-28 live in freiburg.jpg

I would do that in an instant if I could
Be there walking again with one or two good old dogs
Into the hills. The trail would be vague
The destination would be vacant
My only concern would be where to rest
When a time to rest arrived.
The high ridgeline saddle above always looked good
But even when I'd first see them I'd know
It is too windy up there far too exposed
So we'd go that high up to those saddles
And then we would drop down again
Into the back land in around upper Oso pass                                                        
Where the main buttress of South Sandia peak's 
Stony west facing walls would rise directly above us
The wind there would be blocked 
As would all of the views
Of the shit I had left behind. 

I have always known that I'll be there again
When the time was right and even today
Sitting here in this god forsaken place
I am not convinced 
That I ever really left.

                    (October 2011)

paoloreed@gmail.com







  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.