Thursday, September 6, 2012

Random Notes: Readership is now over the 7000 mark, and still growing, a surprise given that I am retaining far more topical data than I am releasing. (I must be doing something right). 

     1) Both of these stern looking fellows are ancestors of mine. The cat on the right is Scottish-Irish, born (1739) and raised in Pennsylvania and South Carolina, and was a decorated officer in the American Revolution, amongst other things; and the dude on the left is Chickasaw, was born (1789) and raised in Mississippi when that region was termed "indian country" by the federal government, and he in time served as the first elected leader of the Chickasaw Nation. As many people know, a number of prominent American citizens of Scottish heritage married into the Cherokee, Chickasaw, and Choctaw tribes following the Revolution, therein lying the early history of my immediate family on the paternal side. 


Chief Edmund Ok-chan-tubby Pickens


     2) I had a very interesting and enlightening conversation with 
Debra Rinaudo of the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners this afternoon. The names of four (4) people who I closely interacted with came up and not even of my behest, individuals who were working in the context of social services at The Arizona State Hospital during my hospitalization there, working as such at a basic level, as well as at the administration level. Encouraging, if nothing else. More later.

paoloreed@gmail.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.