Thursday, September 20, 2012

Prose

Beautiful Tree

beautiful tree,
beautiful grandmother… 

beautiful branches,
beautiful arms,
reaching out, touching sky
reaching out, touching air
feeding air, feeding me.




beautiful tree, leaning
over me, my own
beautiful grandmother
for this night, at least
her long and lasting strength
so, so willingly shared.


beautiful tree, bending
over river, through time 
towards another shore
will surely fall soon, too
soon will topple at the knees 
pulling long embedded 
roots from this earth,
she will fall soon, 
beautiful grandmother
into this river.



                    to become a floating piece of wood
                    on a river that extends 
                    to the bottom of the world
                all rivers run to the bottom of this world
                all trees reach for the sky, and
                   all things go, as all things grow- in time-
                   in time there is salvation
                   in salvation there is love.



strong tree, very very
strong, this beautiful tree
has shadowed and kept as its own
this spot, these fishes, these snakes,
turtles, ibis, heron, thrush, and beaver
beautiful grandmother to all
with two by fours nailed
into her back, and ropes, cables,
tires, and children 
suspended from her waist.

beautiful tree, 
beautiful grandmother of all
if i were here, with you
sitting as i do each night
with you as my keeper,
and if you were to fall
graceful, immensely rich,
the music in all stars will sing
then, at that point in...

and if upon me, 
after pulling your feet 
out of your earth
beautiful tree, joining water
mixing air, touching sky, you fell-
   the honor, unspeakable-
   so thank you, beautiful tree
   for your peace, your shelter
   your animate persona, and
   your softly swaying 
   leaf knowledge.    
                
                            (pj reed 2012) 

(notes: photo's 1-3, self pj reed, red river, la.)



paoloreed@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.