Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dear Will Humble: Herein, I again seek an opportunity to openly communicate with the Director of the Arizona Department of Health Services about the out of control conditions and substandard care practices at The Arizona State Hospital.

NOTE: Yo! Oh readers! If any of you were at the recent STATE OF THE HOSPITAL gathering, please get in touch with me pronto with the lowdown. I want to know the full truth about what sort of discussion took place. 

   Today, the Director of the Arizona Department of Health Services, Will Humble,  published a very brief article (three short sentences) about a recent State of The Hospital presentation, which was orated by the supervisor of The Arizona State Hospital, Cory "crazycorycorner.weebly.com" Nelson. In his article, (actually, in the second sentence of his article) Mr. Humble also expresses his appreciation to the "many" attendees for their "dialogue and feedback." In his third and concluding sentence of this article, Mr. Humble states that "the work our hospital team has accomplished in the past year" is "impressive." (I know, it's silly to paraphrase so measly an article; in doing so, I basically restated the whole thing its entirety…). 
     
(These are my comments to WILL HUMBLE'S September 12, 2012, article.)

Dear Mr. Humble: I am a former patient of The Arizona State Hospital, a tax paying citizen of Arizona, and a human being. Where can citizens of Arizona such as myself go to review the notes and record of the State of The Hospital presentation? I presume this record is available to the public, is it not? Please advise me of this as soon as possible. Thank you. PJ Reed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This is the article itself, (all three sentences of  it) written and published by WILL HUMBLE on Sept. 12, 2012. The article can be viewed at http:// directorsblog.health.azadhs.gov)

State of the Hospital

September 12th, 2012 by Will HumbleLeave a reply »
A few weeks ago Cory Nelson did his in-person “State of the Hospital” presentations.  Many of you were able to attend one and we really appreciate the dialogue and feedback we got.  It’s impressive to see how much work our hospital team has accomplished in the past year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

      I would give my right nipple to know who all showed up for this shenanigan, and what all went down in terms of the alleged dialogue and feedback. Given the extremely brief mention of this presentation, as illustrated in the above article, the presentation itself was either of little to no importance, or it turned out to be some form or another of disaster. If my suspicions about the matter are in any way accurate, one can rest assured that any number of staff for The Arizona State Hospital were present, and- in theory- that those staff who have expressed clear disagreement with Cory "crazycorycorycorner" Nelson's on his personal website took advantage of this opportunity to demand some nature of explanation for why the conditions at ASH are so out of control in terms of the staff perspective. And you can be damn sure that if I had known about this presentation in advance, I would have attended myself, with at least one specific witness, any concerned members of the public I know of who where my deep worry about the lives of ASH' patients, a video camera, and an audio recorder. 

AGAIN: Yo! Oh readers! If any of you were there, please get in touch with me pronto with the lowdown.  

IN CLOSING: I look forward to learning more about his matter. I do not presume a thing in terms Mr. Humble himself taking the time and opening up his blog to civil and good faith discourse with "tax paying citizens such as myself", so I will have do some research into it on my own time. Not exactly what I would expect to have to do in order to be granted awareness of the subject, but this is apparently how they like things to be in Arizona at this time. 


    Thank you, to any/all of you who have in recent weeks taken time in your own right to communicate with me about the substandard conditions at The Arizona State Hospital, and elsewhere in the Arizona behavioral halt care system. I realize that none of it is easy, nor something that you take lightly; I recognize, as well, that the very lives of your family members are at stake, and that it is difficult to open up with virtual strangers about such matter. We are in this together, and only individuals such as you know how critically important it is for this work to advance. Patient abuse is inhumane, it is criminal, and the one's responsible the patient abuse at ASH need to be held fully accountable under the law. 

paoloreed@gmail.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.