Sunday, July 8, 2012

Staff Compaints: Wherein, new reports submitted by staff to Cory "crazycorycorner.weebly.com" Nelson personal website reveal an out of control and increasingly dangerous environment for staff and patients alike at The Arizona State Hospital.


I JUST DOWNLOADED THIS NEW DATA FROM MEATHEAD'S PERSONAL WEBSITE (see address info above and check it out yourself), AND ALL I CAN SAY IS "WHERE THE HELL IS THE CAVALRY, MAN! WHAT ABOUT YOU, WILL HUMBLE, BECAUSE I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS TIME TO TIME (I GOTS MY OWN I.T. GUY NOW- HA!),  HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO ALLOW THIS TO GO ON? ARE YOU GOING TO WAIT UNTIL PEOPLE START DYING, LIKE THEY DID OVER AT CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES?   

       I WANT TO SAY ONE THING TO THE GOOD HEARTED STAFF AT ASH AT THIS TIME: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THINGS MOVE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION IN TERMS OF THESE PROBLEMS, DROP A DIME AT A CIRCLE K AND ANONYMOUSLY CALL NEWS REPORTER  J.J. HENSLEY AT THE AZ REPUBLIC (cell 602-618-9744) (newsroom 602-444-8000) AND SHARE SOME OF THIS VERY TROUBLING INFORMATION WITH HIM. I ASSURE YOU THAT HE CAN BE TRUSTED, FOR AS SOME OF YOU KNOW, I RELIED ON HIM IN SEPTEMBER, 2011, WHEN I- AS A PATIENT- LEAKED INFORMATION TO HIM FROM ABOUT ASH's CRIMINAL COVER UP OF THE JESUS MURIETTA ESCAPE IN RELATION TO THE BRUTAL MURDER OF APRIL MOTT, INFORMATION THAT LED TO MR. HENSLEY'S THREE (3) PAGE ARTICLE ABOUT THE MATTER ( see Phoenix victim's family questions why man was free; Mental hospital halted search; escapee now a murder suspect by JJ Hensley - Sept. 28, 2011    Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2011/09/27/20110927phoenix-victims-family-questions-jesus-murrieta-free-april-mott.html#ixzz1taIkd8ma).
       THESE MATTERS ARE VERY SERIOUS, AND I REALLY BELIEVE THAT YOU GUYS MUST BECOME PROACTIVE IN OPENLY SPEAKING OUT ABOUT THESE ISSUES- ANONYMOUSLY, OF COURSE; CALL J.J. HENSLEY AND TELL HIM I SENT YOU, AND HE WILL ASSUREDLY SEE THAT YOUR CONCERNS BECOME KNOWN. HE IS A VERY NICE YOUNG MAN, AND HE DOES VERY GOOD WORK AS A REPORTER, ALWAYS IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST.   


THE FOLLOWING PASSAGES WERE WRITTEN BY CURRENT STAFF AT ASH AND POSTED ON CORY "crazycorycorner.weebly.com" NELSON's PERSONAL WEBPAGE IN THE LAST FEW DAYS. GOOD OLD CORY NELSON.

7/6/12 "INJURED"
now if you get hit you cant get help, staff asisting someone on the ground get attacked now to becuz there isnt enuf staff around. Its gottenvery scary.


7/7/12 "ME"
Since when is it ok to be forced to work 24 hours? Working as a temp employee, filling in for the regular staff, which only increases the dangerous situations for other staff members and residents. Wonder why there is an increase in aggresive behavior by staff towards residents. Stems from lack of sleep and increased fear for their jobs. Police reports not only for agressive behavior by residents against residents it includes staff towards residents where things get turned around on residents to make it ok for staff to create unsafe environments. 
Residents attacking other residents more than 7 times, which get reported to adminisration, and nothing happens to keep the residents and the staff safe. When residents defend themselves, since no previous action to keep safe by adminisration, the resident then face jail and or prison time. This is suppose to be a safe environment for residents and especially for staff, unfortunatlly for the forced overtime and poor work ethics of the administration it is far from safe.



AND MY REPLY, JULY 8, 2012
STAFF: I cannot easily tell you all how much this concerns me. I mean it when I say that I care just as much about you as I do myself and my fellow (former) patient-peers there at ASH. I only wish there was a direct line of support that I could throw your way. There isn't, of course, the admin. in that place keep the whole operation tight as a slipknot , and I am running into the same blatant denials of reality now that I am in the process of taking some of my concerns into the state's minor legal courts. Trust me, if I were in this of myself, I would and most definitely could have sued long before now. But that is off topic. Keep the communication rolling, because that is your best avenue in terms of getting this b.s. cleared up. I mean this too- contact your elected state and federal representatives, and make it clear to them that these issues are as alive and well as I try to make clear in my blog: PJ Reed The Arizona State Hospital and Patient Abuse. Also, please believe me when I tell you that I know many, many of you do your best and and do indeed care for your patients, so please don't necessarily take my writing personally. I have to remain honest in my writing, and I do have very strong feelings about those staff who are not up to the task of working at ASH because they are too subhuman to sincerely care about weaker, vulnerable persons. Hang in there, make your concerns made, and contact me anytime. I am on your side, I know it is against your training and so on, but it is true. I care.


IN CLOSING: The staff at The Arizona State Hospital are somewhat as isolated in terms of being able to openly speak for themselves in the face of clear mismanagement and administrative misconduct as are the patients, this was obvious to me during my thirteen months of hospitalization there, and even more so today because of these good faith, but obviously very frustrated, staff expressions of concern for their own well being. But I have made clear already, that whatever is going on in terms of upper level, employee centered complications always comes down hardest on the patients, in the end, for they are, without doubt, the bottom of the food chain at ASH. Patients are voiceless, in effect, and staff have to maintain a "what happens in ASH stays in ASH" mentality in order to remain free of retribution should they so much as openly express disagreement with policy and practice within the walls and fences of ASH, much less take their concerns outside of the facility and openly express such concerns to members of the greater public. 


       Patient abuse at The Arizona State Hospital is inhumane to the point of being sickening. It is criminal, it is highly illegal, and it needs to stop today. The administrative problems at ASH are clearly endemic, as is the trickle down effect of this issues that ultimately lands square on the heads of the patients at ASH, all of whom are seriously mentally disabled, vulnerable, and highly at risk. The staff at ASH who work most closely to the patients at ASH share some proportion of the same administrative shortcomings that I have run into as an ASH patient (former) willing and able to engage in active  advocacy on my own behalf and on that of my peers at ASH, including staff (you know who you are). Please, whoever you are, do the right thing, and seek a means by which to came to the aid of ASH patients today. Please see my April 30, 2012, "Resources Ideas" and take measures in initiating your commitment to advocating for the the rights of the patients at ASH.    


paoloreed@gmail.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.