Thursday, July 19, 2012

Only in Arizona: Wherein, the tides continue to erode away the status of Arizona's place in this nations' quilted array of state to state misconduct; and no surprise, either, that the below news story relates to Joel "the mortician" Rudd's boss. 


Horne upbeat on political future despite FBI inquiry, GOP snub

The FBI has investigated whether he broke campaign-finance laws. A former high-ranking employee has accused him of engaging in a cover-up. And his own party snubbed him as a delegate for the coming Republican National Convention. Yet, after months of controversy and bad news, Attorney General Tom Horne is unfazed In fact, he expects to get reelected in two years- if he doesn't run for governor. "I'm perfectly suited for the job: I have been an attorney for 30 years, and law enforcement has been a strong belief of mine...." 
Read morehttp://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2012/06/29/20120629horne-upbeat-political-future-despite-fbi-inquiry-gop-snub.html#ixzz2166OhepT
(END OF ARTICLE)


      What in the hell is this man trying to say, exactly, by stating that "law enforcement has been a strong belief of mine", as though talking about the concept of Tinker Bell or the Legend of Boggy Creek? Yes, Mr. Horne, stargazing wizard of the ages, law enforcement does very likely exist (but thanks to your statements in this case, the likeliness is only that much more firm), and you and your script writers can rest assured that many other Arizona citizens agree with you on that particular aspect of reality.  But to what extent do you support the actual enforcement of law and order when it comes to the misconduct of your own staff? 

       This is a question that I specifically look forward to seeing addressed, and hopefully sooner than later. For as I essentially prepare to take the bulk of my issues in relation to The Arizona State Hospital's (ASH) outlandishly substandard mental-medical health care practices to the next level of adjudicative authority, articles like this continue to pop up in the two most powerful news sources in Arizona, thus reminding me of how perilous the conditions at ASH are in terms of my peers there- staff and patients alike. And as a matter of practicality, I will remind my readers that ASH is not only represented by the Office of the Arizona Attorney General (AZAG), but that the AZAG literally operates a full time office there, out of which Joel "the mortician" Rudd facilitates what I can only characterize- this as per my 13 months of hospitalization at ASH- as a blatant contradiction to Mr. Tom Horne's so called "belief" in law enforcement, as expressed by his statements above. 
         Therein, my basic interest in the article (above), and as my capacity of basic understanding has grown of how and why in the bloody heck a modern American medical facility can get away with graphic patient abuse to the degree that ASH does (this again, as per my experiences there, in correlation with my ongoing advocacy efforts), I am increasingly paying attention to each and every Arizona official who is directly obligated by their positions as public servants to assure that the patients at ASH are provided with nothing short of the best mental-medical health care available today. To date, in my experience, each and every one these folks are profoundly off track in this context, which is fundamentally unacceptable, given that the citizens of Arizona who happen by virtue of mental illness to be required to spend some period of their lives at ASH are among America's most vulnerable adults. As I have tried to make clear, mental illness itself, and its stigmatized status in our culture, has created virtual voicelessness in terms of the vast majority of ASH' patient community; and despite a moderate wealth of state and federal laws designed to ensure that any/all disabled individuals are not subjected to the historically well known abuse and discriminations that we all basically know about (for crying out loud!), the conditions at ASH are literally dangerous, because the ineptitude of the clinical and administrative authorities at ASH seemingly allows them (where in the hell do they find these sorts of people?!!) to ignore the paramount cruciality of such laws and policy.               
       From where I sit now, somewhat on the eastern horizon, but just far enough to be at least temporarily free of the stink of Arizona's very very corrupted administrative powers, seeing these stories emerge on an almost daily basis reminds me of watching the fall of the Soviet Union, or more succinctly, the presence of a disease ridden cow in its immediate surroundings, finding itself further and further out and away from the rest of the herd while the other cows steadily move into the distance, and it- the gruesomely sick bovine- slowly but surely rots into the earth like an alien war ship sinking in the middle of a New Jersey dump. Only in Arizona, I tell you, will you find these sorts of affairs so vividly portrayed, and in places such as the confines of The Arizona State Hospital, the atmosphere falls nothing short of a modern day twilight zone in terms of care giver inhumanity and administrative criminality, conditions that on a day to day basis fall squarely onto the heads of the seriously mentally disabled patients there.


IN CLOSING: Arizona is an increasingly horrifying place (as this recent photo of Governor Jan "People like me!" Brewer quite spookily illustrates). And while I am darn glad to be out of there, I also look forward to my pending return, for things relating to my mental patient advocacy efforts in that state are still evolving. And as far as this blog project is concerned, I have become very comfortably accustomed to issuing ongoing reports with respect for my experiences as a one time patient at The Arizona State Hospital, so I miss the drill, without a doubt. Happily, though, the writing is ongoing and the data continues to roll in, even if I am not in a position today to immediately share it through this journal. All things in good time; and meanwhile, the buffoonery will assuredly continue unabated, only solidifying my anticipation of whatever the hell comes next. 
         
       I really appreciate the presence of all/any of you who have, to date, taken the time and expressed the energy to support my commitment to defending the rights of the patients at The Arizona State Hospital. It is ongoing, of course, and I can only ask that your own activities in this context continue, for the need is still critically acute. Likewise, I will continue to plea in good faith for further support from anyone who has what it takes to stand up against the horrendously substandard mental-medical practices and conditions at ASH. To my knowledge, things there have barely budged over these past five months following my late February, 2012, discharge from that godforsaken facility (although movement of any kind is a good thing when you are talking about the chronic clinical/administrative constipation in places like ASH), and we are far, far from over in this context. So, whoever you are, please see my April 30, 2012 "Resource Ideas" article if you find yourself interested in contributing to this cause, and do whatever you can. Today.  


paoloreed@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.