Thursday, July 5, 2012

Prose: On Leaving Arizona


travel

sometimes the 
            gittin' out
is better than the 
Photo: Just in case anyone is wondering, Texas from the window of a rolling vehicle on a Texas highway still looks like Texas from the window of a rolling vehicle on a Texas highway. Yep.
            comin' in
or so i'd heard
caption after caption
frame after frame 
this life goes
this life comes
and the roads and fields
of texas 

rarely
if ever change.

so motion detector
radar lover
paint your targets
infra red spit gun
          'cuz you got the rangers
          hot to trot on your trail 
and in east texas
life goes and life comes                                                        
and the girls still sing                                                                                                           
         "Old Wildwood Church"
whenever the rain hesitates                                                   
and the air freezes
hot and wet 
as a chinese towel

legacy is a blessing
and karma is a bitch.

(photo/prose self pjreed 2012)




paoloreed@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.