Thursday, July 12, 2012


Prose

it rains here- heritage
alaska is wet- story
phoenix is dry- concrete
the trails i run- the trail
are still alike- my trail
i am on my trail,




running as I am a son
my father's father 
and his father
ran in the woods
wet woods soggy trails
soggy air luxury of running,


i ran on the ridges above 
llano as I ran in alaska 
long before i ran 
in the desert
and all trails are the same
my footsteps are their footsteps,



i ran the high mesas- red
the bisti bad lands- black
the lupine meadows- azure
the track at eldorado high- warm
the concrete at ash- cold,


i am light
i am on my feet
i am running
as they ran then
they run today 
as running is done,


connecting all things
i connect my vision 
i connect my memory
i connect my heritage
i connect my truth
i connect each step
to the last.
             
                (pjreed 2012)     



paoloreed@gmail.com











No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.