Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Will Humble, Director, Arizona Department of Health Services: Herein, an example of what happens when a citizen reaches out to the man most responsible for the operation of The Arizona State Hospital.

Introduction: People like Will Humble and Cory Nelson are a dime a dozen. Bottom feeding state employees who have little idea of how critical their responsibilities are, who function as caretakers of our most vulnerable citizen-peers. You, meanwhile, are exceptional, as are the patients at ASH. There is no comparison. 

(the following was directed to Mr. Humble at about 11 a.m. today, AZ time, as follows)

Attention Mr. Will Humble. I respectfully demand that you cease and desist in willfully condoning the ongoing substandard conditions and related administrative ineptitude at The Arizona State Hospital. What is this going to take, sir? Beyond the escalating exposures of this issue provided by major media sources on prime time television, I have compiled 3 full years of data specific to ADHS/BHS/ASH' negligence in this context, in addition to extensive evidence that clearly establishes the fact that staff at every level of employ at ASH willfully engage in patient abuse and related clinical misconduct, all of which is shocking to the conscience of any reasonably civil minded American, and which is occurring even as I write at the expense of Arizona's tax payers, to the direct detriment of ASH's seriously mentally ill and disabled patient community. YOU KNOW OF THESE ISSUES, AND THERE IS NO POINT WHATSOEVER IN DENYING IT. PLEASE TAKE ACTION AND DO THE RIGHT THING. I AM PLEADING WITH YOU, SIR. NOW. DO IT NOW.


AZ Dept. of Health Services Director's Blog
directorsblog.health.azdhs.gov
One of the most important aspects of public health is sharing effective, creative ideas with other public health agencies so more people can benefit from what we learn. Each year the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials highlights really good pro


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier today, I submitted the above correspondence to Will Humble's online blog. It is not the first time I have done this, and I have already spoken of this reality in the past. But each and every time I do so, my correspondence is almost immediately deleted, as this one surely will be. No response, no acknowledgment, no regard at all for my voice, this despite my status in terms of these issues. In the most general terms, I am a citizen, I am a former patient at the Arizona State Hospital, and I am a human being. 

I encourage any and all of you to do the same. Visit the Director's Blog via the above website and tell this man how you feel. Go to any/all of the related online resource bases and submit your good faith request(s) that a democratic process occur in this context. Ask this man to do his job, to do the right thing, to meet his most fundamental obligations as a public servant. But be prepared for rejection, for this is how Will Humble prefers to handle any such civil discourse. 

And just for the record, as you write, remember: This amounts to nothing short of censorship in defiance of the Public Trust doctrine, and Will Humble knows it. 

So do it anyway, and realize that it has very real impact, in spite of his willingness to suppress your voice(s). People like Will Humble and Cory Nelson are a dime a dozen. Men with slightly advanced degrees, e.g. basic master's degrees which effectively amount to nothing more than pieces of paper in every sense of the expression (and all that that implies), the absolute epitome of modern society's most dull headed professional class. Who strive to find safe places to earn over exorbitant salaries, ideally settings where their authority is granted with little to no oversight or accountability. In this context, the worst case scenario applies to bottom feeding state employees in public health care facilities such as The Arizona State Hospital; facilities which clearly serve as safe havens for individuals far more interested their own selfish interests than they are in  the needs of thief client-pateints, with  little idea of how critical their responsibilities are, functioning as caretakers of our most vulnerable citizen-peers. 

You, meanwhile, are exceptional. As are each and every patient at ASH. We share a character that these sorts of men cannot even imagine. Have faith in the fact that there is no comparison. There really isn't. 

I also posted the above message to the ADHS Facebook page, and I expect the exact same results that I have to date gotten from the Director's Blog. Likewise, as stated on the recent Phoenix CH 15 (ABC) primetime news report (Friday, August 09, 2013), Will humble refused to communicate with executive staff reporter David Biscobing when that report was being prepared. It is as though Humble is too unintelligent, or somehow lacking in character, or some other like inability whereby he is willing to ignore the escalating public awareness in this context. This condition- whatever it stems form- is unfathomably in effect, and it is ongoing. 

This is standard business with these people. All of them. Will Humble, Cory Nelson, Donna Noriega, Dr. Stephen Dingle, as well as representatives of the ADHS/BHS Office of Grievances and Appeals, including but not limited to Kara Burke, and so on. They all either refuse to engage in good faith open discourse in this context, or they (Nelson, e.g.) engage in distorting the facts or otherwise misrepresenting the truth. At every step of my experiences as an advocate for the patient community at ASH- including during that period of time when I was hospitalized at ASH, as I attempted to advocate for my own rights and care needs- I have encountered blatantly unlawful manipulations and rejections of the underlying protocol that were designed to deny or suppress the data that I offered. This occurred in spite of my very clear statements of how graphically counter therapeutic these forms of virtual suffocation were to my sense of health and wellness while there at ASH, including at times when I was being subjected to undeniable forms of administrative and clinical retaliation imparted on me in direct relation to said advocacy, wherein I was forcefully exposed to extremely violent episodes of staff and patient attacks on my very sense of presence. 

 I formally sought relief in this context at times when my state of mind was deteriorating in reaction to such mistreatment. And they all ignored me. And as stated, it is indeed ongoing, as I am illustrating in this article, even today. And I am still negatively affected. 

For who can come to accept the knowledge that these people are willfully engaging in abusing the rights and neglecting the care needs of ASH's seriously mentally ill and disabled patients? Knowing as we do that in that place, there in the center of Phoenix, sheltered and shrouded behind walls and fencelines like some sort of domestic Guantanamo, highly paid state employees, including DOCTORS, NURSES, AND EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATORS go about worsening the states of mind and emotion that ASH patients have to bear as persons affected by mental illness and related emotional disorder. In my case, at least, this reality is just as unacceptable today, as it was when I was hospitalized at ASH.  

IN CLOSING: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN OR FORSAKEN. PEACE AND FROGS TO ALL OF YOU. 

paoloreed@gmail.com


2 comments:

  1. Department of Health staff is being indicted for attempted homicide. They torture/drive to suicide those who speak up about programs/fraud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Specifics, please. Who/what legal authority is "indicting" ADHS, in fact? I very much appreciate your input, and agree with the notion that the substandard conditions and associated misbehavior of ASH's clinical staff- particularly staff psychiatrists and senior ranking nurses, etc.- can contribute to aggravating/worsening the mental condition of their patients, including in a context of increasing some patients potential suicidality, and other such negative response. I experienced just that, in fact, at various points of time as an ASH patient, on the basis of my willingness to peak out about these issues to the best of my ability at that time; and I do attribute these affects to the presence of persons medical staff such as Laxman Patel, Pervaiz Akhter, and ASH's legal counsel, Joel Rudd- and on the list goes. I owe my survival in this context to those minority of ASH staff who do what they can to serve the care needs of their clientele. Blessings to you, whoever you are. Thank you for being in touch.

    ReplyDelete

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.