Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Clarification, RE: August 22, 2013, article "Complicity between the Phoenix Police Department and administrators at The Arizona State Hospital, wherein fundamental rights specific to equal protection and due process under the law are violated in defiance of the United States Bill of Rights." 

Through my personal experiences, I know for a fact that the patients at The Arizona State Hospital are graphically discriminated against on the basis of their status as seriously mentally ill and disabled. During the entirety of my 13 full months as an ASH patient, I witnessed and was subjected to this reality on a day to day basis. In no other public setting would any citizen's rights be so grossly denied, but at ASH- a hospital no less- the administrative staff and senior clinicians patently defy the provisions of state and federal law as a matter of standard practice. They do this because they believe they can get away with it, for no other reason than the disability(s) affecting ASH patients as a whole. It is that simple. It is that bad.

PHOENIX POLICE: RE: Case #2012-BHS-0263-DHS. Wherein the possibility of police discrimination against patients arises. 


As per the request, I offer this clarification. Yes, the issues underlying this case, wherein I contend that I was physically assaulted by a staff member at The Arizona State Hospital, were considered in a court hearing facilitated in the Arizona Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH). But this "court" is not, in fact, a true court of law. Rather, OAH is an independent entity that has no relation to state authority in the legal sense, and as such, operates with no legitimate authority in comparison to the standard court system. The judges are hired with no public participation whatsoever, and the dynamics specific to hearings such as this one are anything but equitably fashioned in the context of jurisprudence. 

AS FOLLOWS:

A)
     For example, in each of the five hearings wherein I- as the citizen/plaintiff/appellee- presented my evidence specific to patient abuse and related administrative misconduct at ASH and beyond in the Arizona Department of Health/Behavioral Health Services, I was required to do so in contest with the Office of the Arizona Attorney General- arguably the most powerful law firm in the state! That office does, in fact, have more authority then OAH actually does; and as such, Joel "the mortician" Rudd, the rat bastard who I was required to present my concerns to, possesses virtual authority over the proceeding then the judge's themselves do; and for this reason alone, none of the data that I brought before this court was reasonably utilized in terms of the given judges' consideration. These details in themselves illustrate as unfair a legal process as may be in effect today, in Arizona, and beyond. 

B)

Furthermore, regardless of any OAH judge's findings in hearings such as this one (specific to issues arising in relation to the AZ Department of Health's various services), the given director of the Department has the authority to overrule or otherwise redirect the given evidentiary materials as per his discretion. This, regardless of the merits specific to the appellee's evidence, including testimony, applicable statutes, and so on. Fair to say, herein, that there is little to no chance of any good faith report specific to unlawful conduct at ASH surviving in this sort of legal procedure; for, in each of the five hearings that I presented my concerns in hearings convened in the AZ Office of Administrative Hearings, the given judges' findings were ultimately reviewed by no other than Will Humble himself, the same man directly responsible for hiring Cory "crazycorycorner" Nelson to the position of The Arizona State Hospital in 2011. And as my writing has shown to date, as well as ongoing major media reports specific to Nelson's graphic ineptitude, this man- who refused to acknowledge the merits of my evidence in those hearings- has now been exposed as a virtual accomplice in terms of condoning the substandard conditions and related patient abuse at ASH. 

It is that simple. It is really that bad.

So yes, of course my allegations specific to having been assaulted by an ASH staff person were not deemed legitimate in the above hearing "2102-BHS-0263-DHS." 

But these actual realities, as bad as they are, have nothing to do with the fact that my most fundamental constitutional rights were grossly violated at that point in time when I exercised my right to report my allegations to Phoenix police, as illustrated in my 08/22/13 article. 

And this is an issue that extends far beyond the authority of WILL "YEA TEAM!" HUMBLE, JOEL "THE MORTICIAN" RUDD, and so on. 

As stated in that article, and as presented in the accompanying documentary evidence, the factual evidence specific to the incident itself was manipulated to such an extent that the initial police investigation occurred in direct violation of my constitutional rights, as spelled out in the US Bill of Rights, specific to equal protection and due process. As follows: 

     1) My lawful request to report the 7:45 a.m.attack to Phoenix police was denied for no less than 7 full hours, which amounts to nothing less than a direct violation of my rights specific to equal protection under the law; 
     2) During which time my own attending psychiatrist, Dr. Pervaiz Akhter, attempted to coerce me, by informing me in a one of one meeting that he had reviewed the attendant video evidence, and had therein come to the conclusion that no assault had occurred. In the legal sense, this man had no right whatsoever to advise me in this context, for not only is he not an attorney with absolutely no authority in terms of my right to report my allegations, his status as a senior level clinical staff at ASH belies an undeniable conflict of interest, and he made it very clear to me at that time, that he would use my claim against me, by degrading my given credibility specific to the opinions of other ASH staff, and so on. It was as clear a act of willful coercion that I was shocked at the time, and I told him as much;
     3) During which timeASH security staff approached me as I sat alone waiting to file the report late in the afternoon, and advised me that reporting the incident to Phoenix police "is a bad idea… but if (I) still want to go through with it, you are on your own from here on out…."; 
     4) At which point, I was led to a room where 4 police officers were waiting, where one them immediately stated "We have already been informed that this is a false report… that it didn't happen…. and that you are known to be a liar….";
     5) At which point, this same officer left the room in order to "review the video" evidence, and upon coming back a few minutes later, stated "You weren't assaulted by anyone… no staff person so much as approached you… no waving arms, no pushing or hitting, nothing…."

No aspect of the above details meet the requirements of common law, this in terms of due process, equal protection, and any citizen's right to report criminal conduct in any given circumstances. Standard practice at The Arizona State Hospital, which illustrates the bare bones fact that the patients at ASH are being graphically discriminated against on the basis of their status as seriously mentally ill and disabled.


Summary: It is critical to realize that my experiences specific to this one single incident are nothing unusual. At The Arizona State Hospital, patients' rights in every sense imaginable are violated as a matter of standard practice, and this certainly extends to those times when any patient seeks to hold ASH staff accountable in the manner that I did. ASH staff use a range of methods by which to discredit any patient's voice, including but not limited to declaring said patient as "delusional"regardless of any patients actual diagnosis and related behavioral characteristics. I attest to having witnessed and having been subjected to this precise sort of misconduct on a near daily basis. 

It really is that bad. 


IN CLOSING: I am very hesitant to release more data specific to this matter, but what I've included here is already a matter of public record, anyway. Herein, I am offering a basic clarification in terms of the fact that I was never granted legitimate legal recourse by which to seek relief in this matter, for the Phoenix police department refused to abide by applicable provisions specific to equal protection under the law and the related terms of due process under the law. Likewise, when I subsequently sought to report the matter with the assistance of the Hospital patient advocate during normal operating hours, which is when the patient advocate works), Phoenix police refused to appear and take that report during normal business hours, in blatant denial of my request to that effect. That is the status of this case as it still stands today, and when the appropriate time arises, I am my associates will present this data yet again.

In the meantime, I am still willing to ask that you- oh reader- seek whatever means you are most comfortable with in order to voice your own personal feelings about the deplorably substandard conditions at The Arizona State Hospital. Patient abuse is illegal, unconscionable, and 100% inconsistent with public sentiment. But at ASH, patient abuse is literally a given, as per standard practice. Substandard medical-mental heath care and practice, and they are getting away with it, lock-stock-and barrel. I have prepared a "Resource Ideas" page, (see "What a Great Time…" April 30, 2012), which has the applicable contact information by which to direct your feelings, in support of the patient community at ASH. Let's bring this shit to an end. Now. 

paoloreed@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.