Saturday, April 21, 2012

How To Measure Integrity: Putting Arizona State Hospital Administrators On the Front Burners


     Update: Yesterday's meeting with the lawyer went well, and I have established syndication (sharecropping) of this site.

      I am looking forward to getting the Judge David  L. Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law on board with mental health care reform here in Arizona, particularly in terms of the Arizona Department of Health Services/Behavioral health Services (ADHS/DBHS) training, oversight, and accountability standards, which are as backwoods as you might find in the nation today. (http://www.bazelon.org/.)
     I have also been putting off communicating directly with ADHS' Director Will Humble, but he has a web-site thing going on, and I encourage anybody looking at the issues at The Arizona State Hospital that I have been talking about in this blog to go ahead and visit him, as follows:      http://directorsblog.health.azdhs.gov/ (http://www.azdhs.gov/).

       I am really hoping that somewhere in the current ADHS administration there is an honest soul willing to take on the task of sincerely looking at the problems at ASH in a fashion that doesn't merely add up to more hoodwinking and pandering, which is all I ever got while I was hospitalized at ASH and took the time and energy to follow the suggested steps as a patient to bring up the wrongdoing I was experiencing then and there. I would back off immediately on my somewhat scathing commentary about the matter if I knew that there was a reasonably serious bit of investigation and oversight occurring in relation to not just my my own, personal input on these issues, but also in terms of the facts that have already been publicly presented (e.g. the murder of April Mott and the ASH administrators reresponsible for their end of that sequence of horrific events). To date, I have seen nor heard anything positive or in any way encouraging in this context, but I am willing to believe that Will Humble may be up to the task, he is the top authority in the branch of state government responsible for ASH, after all; plus, I have heard good things about him from the few folks in the state system that I am willing to trust, and he also played a significant role in the outcome of one state administrative process that I was involved in late last year. Will Humble will be issuing the final determinations of all four of my upcoming administrative hearings (after an adminstrative law judge issues a recommendation following each hearing, as per state procedural code), and I look forward to working with him on those matters when the time comes.

paoloreed@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.