Saturday, April 14, 2012

I Smell the Blood (or is that feet?) of an Arizona State Hospital Administrator or Two.Oh, My!

       So, how will it come? How will the monsters that hold the care and well being of the patients at the Arizona State Hospital in their hands move in for the kill? For I see from the records of visits to this site that both the ASH chief executive officer, Cory Nelson, and the chief operating officer, Donna Noriega, have dropped by in recent days. It's only a matter of time before these administrators at the Arizona State Hospital formally react to this blog and the accounting of my experiences thus far provided. Oh me, oh my! What shall I do?
       Er... Uh... Hi,  you two! How's the fuddle-dudding going? I feel a little embarrassed, in that my best writing is going into the book...  But congrats, you guys! I've been following the relatively high praise that you've gotten in recent months in relation to the proposed changes at ASH. Less security guards, more technicians- yep! That should solve the problems! More droogs in the trenches with the lunatics, less fire power in the sky. It certainly appears good, and we all know how important appearances are in your world. It is kind of sad that all of that praise formulates in the same offices that have either directly or indirectly contributed to the worst problems at ASH in recent years, for it all winds up looking like confetti and stick-on tattoos in the end. But what the hell, that's government, right?
        And while I have you:
                     -What sort of input are you providing to the patients on all these changes? Are you conducting weekly or monthly patient to administrative staff meetings to discuss these things? You know what I'm talking about, Donna. The weekly Care Counts meetings that were being held prior to the resignation of the last CEO, before all the shit hit the fan.
                      -How about the hospital human rights panel? You know, the panel that is in accordance with state and federal standards is supposed to be available there at ASH whereby patients can directly communicate their concerns about life at ASH? What kind of input are they getting? Oh, wait, I forgot. There is no human rights panel at ASH.... Sorry about that. What was I thinking?    
        And I wish I had more time, but I don't. It is snowing here in Flagstaff, the roads are very wet, and I have work to do at the local family food center. You two go ahead and keep flogging the infirm and unempowered for now, and we'll catch up on things at a later time. Trust me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.