Monday, July 14, 2014


RIP Mary "Frankie" Adams

Another one of my former patient-peers at The Arizona State Hospital has died a questionable death. I knew her well, and she was in fact the first one to greet me when I first appeared at ASH in January 2011- "You! You look like an Arkansayer!"- as well as the last patient I saw as I rolled out of there in late February 2012- "Good luck, Patrick!"

As to what I know so far, as per my sources: ".... the staff called her 'crazy mary' and everyone liked her. she was very well known. apparently, she had been ill for a while, and staff did not consider taking her to the hospital, even though she was suffering from copd and her breathing was very impaired. from what i understand, the staff blew her off until she was in full blown respiratory arrest, and then it was too, too late. they even tried to cram a thorazine down her throat when she was thrashing around on the bed dying. they stated in their report she was not "cooperating." criminal. cold hearted. no words can describe the horror i felt when i discovered how she died, and how totally preventable it was. there was no autopsy, and her mother is elderly and therefore did not question too much...."

This shit has got to end. Period. Rat Bastards beware.

paoloreed@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.