Saturday, March 8, 2014

As to The Arizona's State Hospital's current Chief Quality Officer.
Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

jennifer.alwelt@azdhs.gov
The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.



Early on in my total 13 months of time as a patient in The Arizona State Hospital, I made contact with staff at the Arizona Center for Disability Law (5025 E. Washington Street, Suite 202, Phoenix, AZ  85034Phone:  (602) 274-6287 (voice or TTY), (800) 927-2260 (toll free) Fax: (602) 274-6779, most crucially at that point in time when my primary ASH care physician, Dr. Laxman Patel, in complicity with ASH's formal on-site legal counsel, Joel Rudd, attempted to strong arm me into entering a contractual agreement with no opportunity on my part to review the document itself, no access to self arranged legal representation/assistance on my own part, and with virtually no justification on their part beyond what I contend was a means of overt intimidation designed to suppress my right to openly report staff misconduct. At that time, I was put in direct touch with ADLC staff attorney, Jennifer Alewelt, who did take action on my behalf, and did in fact assist in resolving the matter as it stood. On this basis, I am willing to express the fact that I have no reason to believe that Alewelt has anything short of reasonable conscientious, professional ethos, or qualifications as an attorney now functioning in the administrative offices at ASH. 

That said, I was recently advised that at this time, Jennifer Alewelt, is the full time Chief Quality Officer at ASH, a fact that I also confirmed via the official ADHS/BHS/ASH website, as follows:    

http://www.azdhs.gov/azsh/contacts.htm/arizonastatehospitall; Chief Quality Officer Jennifer Alewelt, MBA, Esq. Phone: (602) 629-7026.

And while I have no idea as to how or why Alewelt  recently came to be a member of ASH's administrative staff, I feel fairly safe in presuming that it has to be with the increased attention now being directed to the proven fact that ASH has long and is still today operating at a grossly substandard level of medical-mental health care and practice, including in relation to the radical decrease(s) in patient and staff safety that have arisen over the last 24 months in direct association to the ineptitude of  former short-time ASH supervisor, Cory Nelson. Thus, in the hope that this development is one step in the right direction, as it were, yesterday (March 7, 2014) I did direct the following e-mail to Jennifer Alewelt as per the ADHS/BHS/ASH website's formal mailing system, to the following address: jennifer.alewelt@azdhs.gov. Sadly, however, I just today found that this correspondence- again, as per the formal ADHS/BHS/ASH online mailing system- was rejected as "undeliverable". I am therefor publishing this contact (see below) in order to clarify the distinct possibility/likelihood that yet again, somebody on that end of the pipe is willfully censoring such communications, in graphic consistency with how it has  always been in terms of  my good faith efforts to communicate with ADHS/ASH administrators, including during my time as an ASH patient.

Hi, Jennifer. P------- here (former ASH patient, Jan 11, 2011-Feb. 21, 2012)… How are you? I just received notice that you are now on ASH's administrative staff, which I find interesting, and a positive development, as it were, with my accrued awareness of the critical issues at ASH and your willingness to help me out on at least one occasion while I was an ASH patient. Indeed, my appreciation for your assistance at that time (May, 2011) runs deep and true, and I sincerely hope you are well.

That said, I somewhat presume that you are aware of what I have been up to since my Feb. 2012 d/c from ASH, and the presence today of my blog (PJ Reed The Arizona State Hospital and Patient Abuse [blogspot.com]), which to date has accrued over 30k dedicated visits (defined by blogspot's operating system  as at least 10 min. in duration). I also feel safe in presuming that you are well aware of the escalating attention from various aspects of the public milieu, inc. local PHX media, several federal agencies, and at least 2-3 elected AZ officials, as it applies to Cory Nelson's negative impacts on the ASH operation, and the associated complicity of virtually all other like ASH admin. staff circa my time at ASH (2011-12), and the immediate years thereafter. Please understand that my primary intent and sense of motivation- as it stood while I was an ASH patient, and as it stands today- stems directly from my knowledge base specific to the needs and rights of the ASH patient community in general. My own experiences at ASH proved to me well beyond a doubt that there has long been grossly patterns of grossly unlawful indifference to the wrongdoing at ASH, inc. but not limited to graphic phy./emotional/psychological abuse and related admin. negligence in terms of granting attention to such issues as per the letter of law. And quite frankly, as per my ongoing interaction(s) with a range of persons currently employed at ASH, or otherwise involved with the ASH operation, inc. patient' families and a few patients in themselves, it is clear to me that things are still pretty dismal, if not worse in fact. Virtually each and every admin. staff who I know for a fact were engaged in furthering the substandard care practices at ASH while I was there have now been promoted within the ADHS/BHS construct, persons such as former ASH CMO Dr. Steven Dingle, Cory Nelson, and current ASH CEO Donna Noriega. I find this fact as if not more disturbing than my original concerns, as they originally arose at the outset of my efforts to report and seek resolution to these issues, including well before I actually left ASH, and beyond…. And so on. My work, as such, is also ongoing, and I very much desire that you and I do not become… less than aware of each other today in reasonably good terms…

Again, I sincerely hope you are well. If there is anything I may be able to offer in terms of you rework as it evolves, please do not hesitate to let me know. My concerns are good faith, and I have never sought actual conflict outside of that which arose specific to my experiences at ASH. Clearly, if I was selfishly motivated, I would have sought civil action(s) well before now (not that that possibility is 100% out the window).

Take care. Sincerely, P-----------.


(end of letter)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As stated in my e-mail to Jennifer Alewelt, I am not seeking anything  beyond good faith and open discourse specific to The Arizona State Hospital at this point in time, a manner of approach and intent that I have always desired at each phase of my ongoing advocacy on behalf that ASH patient community. But the fact remains that, every time I have attempted to engage in such communication in this context in the past, the persons on the other end of said pipe have consistently drawn into the bushes, as it were, or otherwise engaged in willfully attempted to conceal the fact that at least one (former) ASH patient/Arizona citizen possesses clear and irrefutable evidence about the endemic presence at ASH of highly unlawful patterns of patient abuse, clinical and administrative negligence and ineptitude, and associated complicity that extends well into the greater ADHS/BHS construct. It is clear to me, via this history, that all such state employees put the reputation of ASH well ahead of the needs and rights of ASH patients, obviously in order to preserve status quo. They do this as a matter of standard practice, no less disturbing in truth than the deeply embedded wrongdoing at ASH, and 100% on point with my belief that this is where the most directly causations lie, with the ongoing presence of such wrongdoing at ASH in mind.  

IN CLOSING: The question now resides in the central features of this process, as it stands today - Is the current Chief Quality Officer, a person with on MBA and Jurist Doctorate, going to participate in furthering the disturbingly shortsighted administrative misconduct that I have identified in my work, to date? I sincerely hope not. As always, the ball in their end of the court. All of it, and as always, ongoing. 

paoloreed@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.