Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Discourse: As to the most recently exposed tragedy at ASH, these comments were shared in public conversations. 

As I have made clear in prior articles, until a formal report about the hows and whys of my friend Chris B's death while residing under the care and treatment of The Arizona State Hospital is released by the Maricopa County Office of the Medical Examiner, I have no opinion about the matter, as it may stand. But when the news of his death was shared in a Phoenix area news report  (please see ABC15 Exclusive: Arizona mental hospital patient's death raising safety, staffing level concernsPosted: 09/12/2013 by David Biscobing), I can say that public input to the article itself was outstanding in the context of my ongoing work, specific to well founded experience and knowledge base(s) about the factual realities at ASH, as well as in terms of citizens who have little to no understanding of these issues, but are nonetheless willing to attack all/any well reasoned evidence of this sort, with no data at their own.
Posted: 09/12/2013

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/abc15-exclusive-death-of-state-mental-hospital-patient-under-investigation-raising-concerns#ixzz2juh3YUNz



DarleneHampton
my heartfelt condolences goes out to you. When my dad got out of the Navy in the fifties
 he went to work at ASH, he quit as he could not stand to see what was happening to patients, 
he did everything to try to get things changed and treated patients with love, compassion and 
dignity. The whole time I was growing up in Phoenix if we passed by ASH, my dad would 
begin to tear up and I was told never ever treat another human being with anything less than love,
dignity and respect no matter what is wrong with them and if they are mean spirited understand 
that there may be something wrong and to also treat them with kindness. I will never forget those 
lessons and live my life by those principles. I also taught these lessons to my five children. 
My dad never got over his experiences at ASH. He died two years ago and his soul at peace now.
Something has to be done to change what is going on, these are human lives and should
receive the needed attention and care. Once again I am so sorry you lost your dear friend
under such deplorable conditions.












MaryBethHale
So, Mr Thompson 
Please enlighten me as to your medical experience. Chris, like many others who have an illness effecting above the neck rather than below, was not suicidal. So, please tell me, should all people with an illness just be left to die, or just the ones with an illness that is either a chemical or structural deficit of the brain. As a medical professional, had he been my patient, YES, it would have been my responsibility to keep Chris safe. If a patient is a one on one... Please enlighten us as to your professional medical experience working with patients, who, use alcohol, drugs, cutting, and other self harm behavior behaviors as a coping method.. Oh, wait, according to your post, those patients are just to be left to die. How about, lets add insensitive jerks to the list of undesirables. Furthermore, are you trying to imply his family left him there and went on with their lives without visiting him. His mom had a party planned for his birthday at AMH. Instead, it was held at his grave. Please, enlighten me, as to your knowledge as to whether they cared and visited him. As the pain I am witnessing this family go through is is valid, heartbreaking, and very real.



PatrickPickens





Yes

Yes, yes, yes, CBN. I am firmly the opinion that ASH is Arizona's very dirtiest secret,
and has always been just that (as per the known history of such facilities), for
the fact remains that ASH is public entity under state and federal law, supported by
the public as such, and 100% required to abide by all/any commonly established
codes of conduct and related medical practice. Ch 15's reporting of this matter,
to date, only scratches the surface of issues that I know for fact apply to this crisis,
and I attest to having begun seeking help while in there at ASH, by openly contacting
outside sources, inc. the Arizona Republic newspaper. One example:
While at ASH, I was aware of the leaked the cover up of Jesus Murietta's violent May 2011,
in reaction to which I called and shared the factual details of the incident with the paper's
editorial staff, source; but when the paper contacted ASH, administrative staff categorically
denied that the escape had occurred (or all/any recent escapes, in fact). This denial furthered the
cycle of violence that began when Murietta did in fact escape, and in time directly
led to April Mott's death 3 months later. I got back in touch with the Arizona Republic,
as soon as I was informed of Ms. Mott's death by a well intentioned ASH security guard
and met for the first time with reporter JJ Hensley (he came to interview me there
at the hospital in early September, 2011.  The subsequent AZ Rep. news article:
"Victims Family Questions Why Man Was Free", (JJ Hensley, 9/29/11). For this,
I was systematically retaliated against by own primary attending psychiatrist (Pervaiz
Akhter), with full complicity from ASH's senior clinical staff, as well as Cory Nelson,
then supervisor of ASH. I have full data to this effect, and have shared it with anyone
within in earshot. I am willing to state that each and every concern I have about ASH is
legit, provable, and due full oversight and accountability. TO DATE, THE ONLY
REASON THAT MY ATTEMPTS TO SHARE THIS DATA HAVE BEEN
LARGELY IGNORED (UNTIL AZ FAMILY CH 12, AND THEN ABC CH 15
GOT INVOLVED) FLOWS DIRECTLY FROM THE FACT THAT
I AM IDENTIFIED AS AN ASH PATIENT (MENTALLY ILL), WHICH
CEMENTS THE FACT THAT EVEN TODAY, MENTALLY ILL U.S./AZ
CITIZENS ARE GRANTED LITTLE TO NO REASONABLE RESPECT,
CREDIBILITY, OR RELATED VOICE, NO MATTER HOW VALID SUCH
INFO MAY HAPPEN TO BE. It is only a matter of time before the deeper issues
underlying the substandard conditions at ASH are realizable exposed, and I only hope
that AZ's greater citizen pop. is willing to accept how serious a crisis this really is.
America itself is today is faced with a mental health care crisis, as per our shared
recent tragedies, and persons of the sort who operate ASH are right smack dab
in the middle of the unlawful shortfalls that relate, as such, AS PERSONIFIED
BY THE COVERED UP ESCAPE, AND THE MURDER OF AN INNOCENT
PHOENIX CITIZEN (cited above).


PeggyPlews

this

This blog is worth a visit for anyone concerned about abuse and neglect at the AZ State hospital. It's written by a friend of mine, whose advocacy for people with mental illness I respect immensely: 
http://arizonastatehospitalabuse.blogspot.com/




Food for thought.

paoloreed@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.