Thursday, February 21, 2013

AN ANNIVERSARY, OF SORTS: Herein, a Recap of the Spirit By Which The Arizona Hospital and Patient Abuse Came To Be. 

January 11, 2011- February 21, 2012
 THE ARIZONA STATE HOSPITAL AND
PATIENT ABUSE


Founded on August 14, 2011
In The Arizona State Hospital, Phoenix, AZ.

Neck deep in being subjected to ongoing verbal, physical, emotional, and psychological abuse while hospitalized in The Arizona State Hospital (ASH), abuse which is imparted on the highly vulnerable and seriously mentally ill and disabled patients at ASH by hospital staff at all levels of employ, and (abuse) which only intensified once I lawfully sought to report it through the hospitals' on-site patient advocacy office and on up through the Arizona Department of Health/Behavioral Health Services  administrative offices, I took it upon myself to begin documenting the details underlying the endemic presence of these issues to the best of my ability at that time. Throughout this entire process, I ran into one brick wall after another, as some of the highest paid officials at ASH and in the AZ Department of Health/Behavioral Services blatantly manipulated, rejected, ignored, or otherwise steamrolled the well documented merits and related factual details specific to these issues; willful and deliberate acts which directly and undeniably granted the wrongdoers at ASH virtual sanction by which to carry on such atrociously egregious misconduct as a matter of standard practice. Following 13 full months as an abused patient at ASH, I discharged on February 21, 2012; and in late April, 2012, I began sharing my experiences, acquired knowledge base, and various records from that period of time on my blog: PJ Reed "The Arizona State Hospital and Patient Abuse." To date (Oct. 2012) the blog has been visited by over 11,000 readers, and I have accrued 173 articles compiled of over 500K words, including downloaded documentation, legal analysis specific to the unlawful actions of ASH staff, extensive detailing of events/incidents of abuse and administrative criminality, essays relating to my ASH experiences in general, and poetry flowing from those experiences. The administrators and clinicians at The Arizona State Hospital are operating that facility at a horrifically substandard level of mental-medical health care, and they are getting away with it. Patient abuse is inhumane, highly illegal, and patently unacceptable to me and any other reasonably conscientious American. My immediate goal is to see that this issue is meaningfully addressed, and that the ones most directly responsible for this crisis are held fully accountable under the law; with an ultimate objective relating to bringing about far reaching reform and relief specific to ensuring that the seriously mentally disabled patients at ASH are provided with nothing short of the most optimum care available today, with no fear of abuse, retaliation, or other like staff misconduct. 


Photo

"Hey, you bastards! Remember me?



UPDATE: To date (February 21, 2013), one year after discharge from what 
may well the most unlawfully mismanaged public mental health facility in the United States today, The Arizona State Hospital and Patient Abuse has been formally visited, read, discussed, and shared over 13,750 times. You might say I have been busy, you might not. But keep in mind that I have ongoing therapy and outpatient treatment needs which take up an inordinate amount of time and energy, as well as a number of other activities which leave me only so much time for this shit. The fact is, no citizen should have to do the  government's job of identifying and addressing extensive shortfalls of the Arizona public healthcare system and the related substandard conditions in Arizona's sole long 
term public mental health care facility. But someone obviously has to do it. Patient abuse is sickening on its face, and anyone willing to abuse, exploit, or otherwise mistreat seriously disabled persons needs to be removedfrom the public milieu.


     "Hey! Those of you responsible for state of crisis and related substandard conditions and practices at ASH! Dingle, Nelson, Akhter, L. Patel, Dy, Washington, Breslow, Ramos-Roxas, and so on (you know who you are….) Remember me? Well, I am still here, and I am not going anywhere."


BY NOW, MOST OF YOU (MY MOST FAITHFUL READERS) KNOW WHAT TO DO IN ORDER DEFEND THE RIGHTS AND CARE NEEDS OF ARIZONA'S MOST SERIOUSLY MENTALLY ILL CITIZENS IN THE ARIZONA STATE HOSPITAL. PROCEED, THUS, MY FRIENDS. IF I DO NOT SEE YOU SOONER PRIOR TO THE EVENT ITSELF, THEN LET'S JUST SAY: 

                  SEE YOU AT THE HANGINGS!

paoloreed@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love input of any kind from anybody with any interest whatsoever in the issues that I am sharing in this blog. I mean it, anybody, for I will be the first one to admit that I may be inaccurately depicting certain aspects of the conditions
at ASH, and anonymous comments are fine. In any case, I am more than willing to value anybody's feelings about my writing, and I assure you that I will not intentionally exploit or otherwise abuse your right to express yourself as you deem fit. This topic is far, far too important for anything less. Thank you, whoever you are. Peace and Frogs.